If you are happy with your current faith tradition, no need to read this post! I offer it not to try to convert folks who don’t need converting but rather to present an amusing (and, I hope, helpful) assessment by a beloved, lately-departed entertainer for those who might like to explore the Episcopal Church. Enjoy!
10. No snake handling.
9. You can believe in dinosaurs.
8. Male and female God created them; male and female we ordain them.
7. You don’t have to check your brains in at the door.
6. Pew aerobics.
5. Church year is color-coded.
4. Free wine on Sunday.
3. All of the pageantry – none of the guilt.
2. You don’t have to know how to swim to get baptized.
And the Number One reason to be an Episcopalian:
- No matter what you believe, there’s bound to be at least one other Episcopalian who agrees with you.
(Copyright © 2002, St. Augustine by-the-Sea, Santa Monica, CA)